Specialist design and consultancy services to onshore wind, solar and electrical grid sectors
GDG provides sustainable, safe and efficient design solutions to onshore renewable and energy projects, by using the latest techniques in design.
GDG has expertise in all stages of onshore renewable projects, including feasibility, planning, environmental assessment, due diligence, detailed design and construction monitoring.
GDG has expertise in all stages of onshore renewables projects, including feasibility, planning, peat stability and environmental assessment, due diligence, detailed design, asset management and construction monitoring.
GDG Services and Expertise
GDG provides specialist design and consultancy services across all stages of projects. Our team can provide bespoke tailored services to meet the specific needs of any project.
Onshore renewable electricity generation can be a key component of a country’s energy security and its commitments to carbon neutrality.
Electricity generation projects must limit their impact on the environment. The success of these projects, during their consenting, financing and auction processes, requires accurate assessment and mitigation of programme and financial risk. GDG assists wind, solar and other onshore renewable developers through the entire lifecycle of their projects by leveraging our expert design, assessment, risk management and problem-solving capabilities.
GDG’s specific expertise includes:
- Site identification and constraints mapping for renewable energy developments
- Renewable energy development planning support
- Peat landslide hazard risk assessment and peat management planning
- Environmental impact assessment
- Site investigation survey specification, procurement and supervision to meet both European design codes and turbine, solar PV and cable supplier’s specifications
- Geotechnical and structural design of gravity and piled wind turbine generator (WTG) foundations
- Civil and structural design of substation and overhead / underground grid connection infrastructure including design of ground improvements and stabilisations
- Design of access tracks and platforms to meet turbine supplier’s alignment requirements and to support large vehicle and crane loads for turbine delivery and erection
- Road alignment design and swept path analysis
- Structural design of culverts and bridges
- Geotechnical testing specification
The Bord na Móna Cloncreen Wind Farm in Co Offaly is expected to generate renewable energy for the domestic electricity market in Ireland, supplying up to 55,000 homes with power per annum.
GDG is undertaking the geotechnical design of access tracks, crane hardstands, wind turbine generator foundations, a met mast foundation and a substation platform.