GSI Landslide Hazard Map
GDG are currently working in this project to develop a suitable landslide hazard methodology that follow the approach and governance of the National landslide Susceptibility Mapping Project. A review of relevant methodologies was carried out to define the most significant approach for landslide hazard analyses mapping for three pilot areas in Ireland: Breifne, Wicklow, and Dingle.
Throughout the datasets available, as well as GSI National Landslide Inventory, OSI Ortho photography, Google Earth/Digital Globe images, National Landslide Susceptibility Mapping, Rainfall data, GSI Geology maps, and Stereo Imagery, GDG will be able to produce landslide hazard maps and rainfall threshold analysis.
Scope of Work:
Our scope of work included:
- Literature Review regarding landslide hazard maps
- Existing database analysis
- Landslide inventory update by Photo-Interpretation and field work
- Rainfall threshold analysis
- Runout Analysis
- Testing of hazard methods
- Final hazard analysis method and maps
- Recommendation for progression to further stages