Marine Advisory Services
Specialist marine advisory and consultancy services to the offshore sector
GDG has extensive experience liaising with government bodies and has worked on numerous projects to get them through the license application process.
We understand the needs of government authorities, developers and investors. GDG has created projects in frontier markets for investors, who have gone on to successfully package and sell their projects.
We provide high-level strategic advice, desktop studies, procurement services, stakeholder engagement, and licensing/permitting for site investigations. We also coordinate consent/EIA applications.
GDG Services and Expertise
Our marine advisory team supports all stages of offshore projects from conception through to decommissioning. Our services are particularly valuable during the early stages of projects. We can provide bespoke tailored services to meet the specific needs of any project.
GDG’s marine advisory service can transform an idea or concept into a tangible project and ensure projects are front-end loaded for success.
The marine advisory team employs experts in their field, and includes ex-government officials, fellows of geological societies, chartered environmental scientists, senior marine ecologists, GIS experts, geophysicists. Most of our team are qualified to at least masters level.
Our marine advisory services fall into six main categories: (1) strategic advice; (2) desktop studies; (3) stakeholder engagement; (4) licensing/permitting for site investigations, (5) ecological survey procurement and management, and; (6) consent/EIA applications.
Some of our specific services for offshore wind include: site identification and refinement, early stage desktop studies, ecological survey definition, procurement and management, programme management, strategic and policy advice, environmental and technical due diligence, stakeholder engagement, fisheries liaison, project definition, licensing and consenting services, appropriate assessment, and EIA.
- Strategic advice and development roadmaps
- Programme management and acceleration
- Project definition and maximising project value
- Route to market, grid assessment and cable routing
- Site identification and constraining
- Landfall feasibility assessment
- Statutory consultation response
- Environmental and Technical Due Diligence
- Government policy and legislative advice
- Licensing documentation and support
- Liaise with regulators to track permits
- Marine and coastal consenting
- Environmental, planning and technical due diligence
- Ecological survey design, procurement and management
- Supply of MMOs, PAMOs and FLOs
- Stakeholder engagement strategy and management
- Public consultation events, questionnaires and surveys