Technical Manager or Principal Consultant Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology
Location: Edinburgh (other locations may be considered for the right candidate).
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative design solutions and expert advice. We specialise in services to offshore & onshore renewables, marine, infrastructure and environmental sectors as well as urban developments.
The Environmental Section at GDG supports clients with a range of specialist services, we are a multi-disciplinary, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and infrastructure development projects. We are a team of engineers & Scientists, mostly Master’s or PhD qualified, that support clients on a broad range of specialist topics. To grow our in-house expertise, we are looking for a Technical Manager or Principal Consultant who can collaborate effectively with fellow team members and support our project delivery works providing high quality technical input.
You will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of contaminated land experts, geologists, hydrogeologists and environmental engineers to deliver innovative and optimized solutions. Reporting to the Head of Department, supported by significant technically focussed investment, you will be responsible for developing best-in-class, innovative land quality and contamination advice. Your work will involve local, national, and international projects being delivered by GDG.
In common with our team, you will have considerable brownfield land regeneration experience working with developer clients, and experience across a portfolio of projects working with private and public sector clients in the investigation, assessment, remediation and redevelopment of brownfield land, and the contaminant and engineering hydrogeology of major infrastructure.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and adaptable individual with a recognised national profile, with involvement in UK-wide technical initiatives and bodies, excellent interpersonal and client management skills; the ability to complete technical authorisation; a proven track record of successful regulatory engagement; and capable of winning and delivering the high standard of consultancy and technical design services for which GDG is known.
- As Technical Manager or Principal Consultant you will work collaboratively to achieve targets, exceed client expectation and drive innovation to grow the business.
- You will raise the profile of GDG, develop innovation in land contamination technical approaches, including in digital data collection, manipulation and the opportunity for digital-related services.
- Launch award-winning propositions, linking technical development to more efficient, faster, dynamic delivery models to compete effectively in the market.
- Lead technical networks recognised for technical excellence in Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology; work collaboratively with our technical staff across the UK & Ireland.
- Driving business development by being embedded within local networks of decision makers and establishing lasting relationships
- Support the Head of Department with workforce planning including skills development and recruitment.
- You will be responsible for winning work from key accounts and align the business to secure major opportunities including maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients, nationwide.
- Leading and support bids by contributing reviewing and authorising submissions and by demonstrating added value both commercially and technically
- Act as a Project Manager or Project Director and undertake technical delivery and report authorisation.
The following requirements are expected for this role:
- An Engineering/ Science degree (honours or equivalent)
- National technical reputation for developing and delivering contaminated land and hydrogeological services, a drive for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Have won industry awards and been externally published, supported by chartered status preferably Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) and registered under the National Quality Mark Scheme for Land Contamination Management (NQMS) as a Suitably Qualified and experienced Person (SQP)
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff technical development.
- Strong collaborative and networked behaviours to interface with Environmental Director, Project Managers, Marketing teams, and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & in writing.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.