Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Flexible, Flexible, United Kingdom
- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As a Principal Geotechnical Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of major infrastructure projects. The position will involve:
• Project management and client liaison for major rail, road and linear assets work in the UK and Ireland
• Responsibility for delivery of geotechnical design packages incl. earthworks, slope stability, shallow and deep foundations, embedded and gravity retaining walls, reinforced earth structures and specifying ground investigations
• Ground movement assessments and damage prediction of structures and infrastructure.
• Managing and mentoring your team of senior and design level engineers / engineering geologists to deliver infrastructure, structural and renewable projects
• Quality assurance including review of reports, drawings, calculations, software outputs
• Designer’s risk management and assessments
• Bid preparation and business development.
Minimum requirements include:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• 10 years relevant post-graduate experience.
• Chartered Engineer
The ideal candidate shall have:
• Chartered Engineers status (Engineer’s Ireland or Institute of Civil Engineers).
• Construction experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Project and team management experience.
• A full clean driver’s licence.
• Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. A generous salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.