Senior Project Manager Marine Advisory Team
Location: Ireland and the UK
Experience level: 5 - 10 years
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As part of the Marine Advisory Team at GDG, you will focus on the development and delivery of early-stage offshore wind farm developments in Irish waters. This role will report directly to the Head of the Advisory Team, Jeannine Dunne, where you will provide a combination of Project Management and technical support to a range of offshore wind farms in both Irish waters and within the International OWF sector. A key feature of this role is to act in a client facing manner, to work collaboratively with our clients, and to be proactive in relation to the PM activities to ensure the projects maintain momentum.
The ideal candidate will possess between 5- and 10-years’ experience working in the marine renewables sector and will have managed a portfolio of marine projects. Experience of the Irish offshore consenting regime is desirable but not essential. However, a strong organisational ethos and a track record in project management is a must. Experience working within the Irish marine renewables sector shall be deemed a strong plus for this role.
You will also possess a very strong technical understanding of offshore wind energy infrastructure, and a thorough knowledge of the drivers behind offshore wind. As a point of contact for key clients, you will have excellent report writing and presentation skills. You will be a confident communicator to a range of audiences, be comfortable managing a team of development professionals and have strong people coordination skills.
As a PM for early stage OWF developments, you will need to lead the delivery of our service offering to key clients, which will involve internal team coordination of technical inputs, communications with the clients and QA of critical deliverables. This includes coordination of internal staff and external resource where needed, deliverable review and acceptance, budget and time adherence, client liaison, and internal reporting on offshore wind projects. The role will also involve the preparation of bids for new work from time to time. The Project Manager is ideally an engineer or other technically educated professional conversant in offshore wind turbine technologies and market conditions, such that in this client facing role, the PM is able to guide technical discussions and make recommendations.
As a key contributor to the marine advisory team, you will have a focus on:
- Supporting major wind project developments in Ireland and internationally.
- Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance.
- Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports to a high standard including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations, and contracts.
- Providing technical tender support.
- Actively assisting with business development and client management.
- Attending client and site visits as required (worldwide).
- Reviewing and preparing technical specification and design drawings.
- Working effectively on several projects concurrently to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Support and mentor the career development of junior engineers.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Degree level qualifications in engineering or similar technical subject.
- Demonstrable experience of project management of offshore wind projects, either as developer or consultant.
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel/Word/Project and PowerPoint.
- Evidence of technical competence, self-motivation, ability to use own initiative, flexible, problem-solving approach.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & written and ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
- The successful candidate will be required to produce and review technical reports for clients, so attention to detail is paramount.
- Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a complex environment,
- Ability to lead/chair and present at meetings etc.
- Able to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and give advice for project level decision making. Own and drive best QHSE practice and company policies throughout the project.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.