Offshore Geotechnical Design Engineer (3-7 years' experience
Location: Dublin Belfast or Edinburgh
Design Engineer – Offshore Geotechnical (3-7 years’ experience)
These roles will support our Offshore Wind Foundations and Marine Civil Engineering design activities. These roles will report to our Head of Offshore Engineering and will be based at one of our UK or IRL offices (Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh). The location is flexible.
Supporting International Clients with the most challenging geotechnical and foundation design projects all over the world
As a Geotechnical Design Engineer, you will primarily be office based, working on analysis, interpretation and design activities; however some offshore supervision of site investigations may be required from time to time. The successful candidate will be responsible for geological and geotechnical interpretation and production of ground models and interpretive reports. The role will also involve general foundation design exercises including jack-up assessments, pile design, monopile analysis, pile driveability, and preparation of geotechnical risk assessments.
Furthermore, your key responsibilities will also include:
- Site Investigation and Survey Management ;
- Preparation of Geotechnical Specifications ;
- Geotechnical and Geological Deskstudies ;
- Site assessments and geotechnical interpretation ;
- Geotechnical Risk Management ;
- Manage Laboratory test campaigns, specification of lab tests and reviewing reports ;
- Foundation design including jackup assessment, pile-soil-interaction and pile driveability ;
- Ground model development ;
- Integrating geophysical and geotechnical data ;
- Project Management
GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with prior experience working as a geotechnical engineer. The ideal candidate will hold a technical background within geotechnical/civil engineering, combined with 3-7 years’ of geotechnical experience within the offshore wind, oil or gas industry. In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience in geotechnical software packages (AGS Data, Kingdom, HOLEBASE, ArcGiS, etc)
- Experience with Matlab software preferable ;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software (including Powerpoint and MS Project) ;
- Experience in Project/People Management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.