HSE Advisor / Engineer (Offshore Projects)
To provide project and operational HSE support and specific guidance in accordance with the GDG approved HSEQ Management System, current legislation / regulations, and contractual requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Development, implementation and maintenance of all project related HSE documentation in accordance with contractual requirements and in line with the GDG HSEQ Management System.
- To ensure that HSE legislation applicable to GDG’s operations is understood and applied to ensure organisational compliance throughout project delivery.
- Ensuring compliance to Client specific HSE programmes, initiatives or certification schemes is maintained and reported upon.
- Providing operational HSE support to relevant worksites, mobilisation sites and vessels as required.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient risk assessment / risk management processes are applied and maintained within projects.
- Where personnel may be exposed to hazardous substances at work, ensuring suitable and sufficient assessment and control measures are applied.
- Providing advice on specific hazardous working practices and necessary control measures.
- Monitoring and reporting on project HSE performance, ensuring any potential deficiencies or urgent matters are brought to the attention of GDG management.
- Participation and attendance at project / client meetings and workshops.
- Supporting internal and external audits, along with conducting verification activities to maintain operational HSE compliance.
- Liaison with offshore / onshore worksites and processing all HSE related matters / support requirements.
- Delivery of HSE inductions and associated project related HSE training.
- Participation and guiding the process for identification, recording, investigation and follow up of HSE related incidents and accidents.
- To monitor and ensure that all HSE actions are suitable registered, monitored and closed out in a timely manner
- Participation in the process for managing Sub-Contractor HSE performance.
- To ensure active learning and distribution of critical HSE information throughout the project / wider organisation.
- To ensure emergency response arrangements are implemented and understood by all project / site personnel.
- To stop any operational process where unsafe working practices are being carried out and advise concerned personnel of the appropriate action.
- To continually promote and support the HSE culture and values of GDG and the Client.
Experience / Qualifications
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (Health and Safety NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification) as an absolute minimum
- IEMA Foundation Certificate (desirable)
- Offshore Survival / Medical
- 2 years+ in discipline related role
- Offshore industry experience
- Understanding of Management Systems, HSE Legislation / Regulations, Risk Assessment Application, Auditing, Inspection, Incident Management and Emergency Response
- IT Literate / Skilled with Microsoft Office
Applications including CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.