Geotechnical Design Engineer-Dublin Belfast/Edinburgh/London/Cork
We're currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Geotechnical Design Engineer. The applicant should have a minimum of five years post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience, should be qualified to a master’s degree level and at least be working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer or recently Chartered. The applicant should have experience of (i) supervising junior staff, (ii) exhibiting strong but broad technical expertise, (iii) preparing calculations, drawing and other technical documents (iv) have a sound understanding of soil-structure interaction and (v) completing projects on time and in-budget.
The position will involve:
- Contributing to the management of complex projects
- Developing the expertise of more junior staff
- Geotechnical Interpretation
- Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis
- Tendering for work, inputting on fee proposals
- Develop the relationship between the company with new and existing clients
Technical details of projects may involve:
- Scoping and Specifying site investigations
- Geotechnical interpretation for onshore and offshore site investigations
- Selecting design parameters and undertaking advanced geotechnical analysis
- Geotechnical and Foundation design for civil, structural, infrastructure, offshore and renewable projects
- Technical report writing
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications
- Completing design drawing and GIS mapping
- Management and Supervision of ground investigations
- Contract administration, construction supervision and site inspections
- Day to day coordination and management of design work among junior engineering staff
- Project management to ensure delivery within time, budget and quality constraints
- Client interface and company representation at meetings
- Quality Control and Health and Safety Management (PSDP)
The position will primarily be based in one of our offices but may involve some travel in Ireland, the UK and occasionally Europe for meetings, site inspections and construction supervision.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Min 5 years’ experience in Geotechnical analysis and design
- Chartered status or working towards chartership with Engineers Ireland, or ICE
- Detailed Geotechnical Design Experience
- Experience of public works contracts
- A Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience and proficiency with technical report writing and presentations
- A full clean drivers licence
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
How to Apply / Contact:
Applications including CV should be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.