Environmental Engineer - Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology
Experience: 2+ years
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative design solutions and expert advice. We specialise in services to offshore & onshore renewables, marine, infrastructure and environmental sectors as well as urban developments.
The Environmental Section at GDG supports clients with a range of specialist services, we are a multi-disciplinary, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and infrastructure development projects. We are a team of engineers & scientists, mostly Master’s or PhD qualified, that support clients on a broad range of specialist topics. To grow our in-house expertise, we are looking for an Environmental Engineer who can collaborate effectively with fellow team members and support our project delivery works providing high-quality technical input.
As Environmental Engineer you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of experts to deliver innovative and optimized solutions. Reporting to the Environmental Lead, supported by significant technically-focussed investment, you will be responsible for developing best-in-class, innovative land contamination advice, using the latest digital platforms to deliver some of the most exciting and iconic infrastructure projects. Your work will involve local, national and international projects being delivered by GDG.
In common with our team, you will have brownfield land regeneration experience in the investigation, assessment, remediation and redevelopment of brownfield land, and the contaminant and engineering hydrogeology of major infrastructure.
We are looking for a motivated and adaptable individual with excellent interpersonal and project management skills capable of delivering the high standard of consultancy and technical design services for which GDG is known.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Organisation, collation and assessment of desk-based information as part of Phase 1 Desk Studies.
- Digital data management, development of conceptual site models, and undertaking qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessments for human health, controlled waters and property receptors. Preparation and delivery of factual and interpretative reporting.
- Assisting in design of Phase 2 site investigations and organising environmental / geoenvironmental site investigation and monitoring, including contractor supervision.
- Preparation of relevant Environmental Impact Assessment chapters.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, with support from the business on own training and development needs.
- Management of own work including supporting senior management to ensure projects are to delivered on-time, on budget and to quality and client expectations.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills. A collaborative style of working. Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision.
The following requirements are expected for this role:
- Higher education qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, geography, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science).
- Master’s degree in a related discipline (advantageous)
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the UK.
- Full driving licence.
- Prior contaminated land and waste/resource management experience.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.