Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is seeking suitable candidates to fill the role of Design Engineer within our Infrastructure/Onshore Renewables Team. The role can be based in our Irish Offices.
GDG is a specialist geotechnical engineering consultancy, providing innovative geotechnical solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As a Design Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of infrastructure projects. The role will primarily be office based, however, some site-based work and associated travel will be required from time to time. The position will involve:
- Working as part of a team of engineers, engineering geologists and technicians to deliver infrastructure, structural and renewable projects;
- Interpretation of geotechnical investigations and ground model development;
- Undertake site visits for supervision of construction and site investigation work;
- Design and analysis to input into geotechnical packages including earthworks, slope stability, foundations, reinforced earth structures, temporary works and specifying ground investigations;
- Civil and structural design;
- Preparing reports, design calculations, software analyses and reviewing drawings;
- Designer’s risk management and assessments.
Minimum requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 2 years relevant post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience of geotechnical design methods and software,
- Knowledge of AGS geotechnical data management,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal,
- A full clean driver’s licence.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. A generous salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.