Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative design solutions and expert advice. We specialise in services to offshore & onshore renewables, marine, infrastructure and environmental sectors as well as urban developments.
The role of Owners Engineer for Cable Installation involves the following:
- Providing support across Transmission and Marine package;
- Interface management;
- Cable installation engineering including, but not limited to, consideration of cable routing, achieving of burial and external protection, installation options, operations and maintenance (O&M) phase;
- Critical review and comment / management of cable design done by others;
- Development of Employers Requirements, engagement with the market and Tier 1 Contractors;
- Preparing and leading the cables design development;
- Development of Project Design Envelope;
- Leading the tender activities for the cables design, supply and installation contract;
- Risk Management including identification and management of any relevant risks identified, their score impacts and mitigation measures;
- Opportunity identification including keeping up with the latest developments in the cable design, installation and O&M;
- Feeding into the project programme and taking ownership of the cable related items;
- Cost modelling;
- Capturing and sharing lessons learnt, chairing lessons learnt sessions;
- Ad hoc support.
We are ideally someone who has experience working with Tier 1 (Cable) Installation Contractors and managing cable projects development and installation whereas experience in cable electrical engineering would be a significant plus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.