One year on
It is hard to believe a year has already passed since we moved to our new office in Nutgrove Business Park.
Here at GDG, development continues apace with 15 new colleagues joining our international team and really interesting and challenging new projects being awarded to the company in Ireland and the UK such as Dublin Port CBQ, A737 Dalry Bypass, Leanwind, Zawtika Gas Platform design support and Safe-10-T just to mention a few.
It’s also been a busy year when it comes to awards and we are very proud of the ones we have received in the last twelve months:
- Excellence on the Provision of Professional Services to the Marine Industry (2017)
- Overall Marine Industry Excellence Award (2017)
- Emerging Professional Consulting Engineer: Paul Doherty (ACEI) 2017
- Young Professional of the Year: Paul Doherty (EFCA)2017
- Engineers Ireland Geoscience Excellence Award (2016)
- Shortlisted for ACEI Innovation Excellence Award (2017)
- Finalist for Ground Engineering Awards for Technical Excellence (2017)
- Finalist for Ground Engineering Awards Young Geotechnical Engineer (John O’Donovan)
Another milestone has been achieved as GDG became a CPD accredited employer this year. We were accredited by Engineers Ireland in recognition of the quality of, and commitment to, its Continuing Professional Development (CPD) systems and practices for engineering staff. We encourage and support our engineers to continue to learn and advance in their field.
We are looking forward to the next successful year, where our engineering team aim to continue delivering interesting projects across the marine, offshore, renewables and infrastructure sectors. Our work in the urban environment on geoenvironmental issues, basements, temporary works, complex foundation design, and brownfield site remediation will also be bolstered in the months ahead by the recent acquisition of London based geotechnical company AGE.
GDG is committed to continuing our high level of professional services well into the future and supporting our clients on new and challenging projects.