Baltica I, II and III
The scope of work for this recent commission includes ground modelling development support, survey management, and general engineering support in relation to the foundation and cable design.
GDG is delighted to continue cooperation with PGE Baltica as their geoscience advisor and engineering consultant on the Baltica 1 project, which is being developed by PGE Baltica in the Baltic Sea and when commissioned will contribute circa 1GW of clean renewable electricity to the Polish grid.
This recent collaboration comes after a successful partnership over the last number of years.
This contract marks another major milestone for both companies and the Baltica 1 project. A strength of GDG is their highly technical team which encompasses a number of world class Polish Engineers and Scientists that are familiar with the local conditions and regulations in the Baltic Sea.
GDG supported Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A. (PGE) with ground model development and preliminary foundations study for the Baltica 2 and 3 OWF Project.
GDG worked closely with PGE to progress a range of activities including:
- Review of existing geophysical and shallow geotechnical data
- Development of preliminary ground model
- Site investigation strategy and technical specification evaluation
- Offshore Client representatives
- QC/QA data deliverables
- Interpretation and integration of site investigation data
- Foundation option study
- Pre-FEED foundation design and preliminary foundation cost evaluation