Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd (GDG) is a specialist engineering consultancy, with a strong reputation for providing innovative solutions across a broad range of engineering sectors. Our Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Surveyors are an integral part in providing our services to both domestic/international markets and are valued members of our team. With continued success, our team is growing, and we are seeking out talented individuals to conduct UAS Surveys, Process multi-layered Data and generate maps/models for our clientele.
GDG is seeking a candidate to fill the role of a UAS Surveyor to be based in Dublin. In addition to industry commercial work as described below, the successful candidate will work on a prestigious research and development project in collaboration with leading national academics. This 3-year project is focused on the development of a framework for aerial and sub-surface drone based inspection of wind turbines.
- Survey Planning
- Survey System Setup & Quality Control
- Data Processing & Assessing Survey Results of large datasets
- Provision of high-quality deliverables (models & maps)
- Report Writing
- Compliance to company standards, Health & Safety, and deadlines.
- Liaising with clients and managing expectations
- Any other duties required by the business
- Good working knowledge and previous experience in industry
- At a minimum 2-3 years’ experience with UAS & LAND Survey systems, Data processing tools (such as Arc GIS,AutoCAD,Pix4D)
- A solid grasp of geospatial and 3D modelling principles.
- An excellent understanding of data management and interpretation.
- Strong Knowledge of EASA & IAA governance
- Must hold a Specific Category License.
- A third level qualification in Geodetic/ Geomatic Surveying or a Civil Engineering Degree.
- Experience of business development / tendering would be highly desirable.
- Team focused
- Positive work ethic
- Technically Minded
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organized and Project focused
- Attention to detail
Applications including CV should be emailed to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.