Senior/Principal Geothermal Engineer
Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) are seeking a suitable candidate to fill a Senior / Principal Geothermal Engineer role. The applicant should have 10-15 years geothermal project development experience, should be qualified to a master’s degree level in Engineering, Earth Science or a related discipline.
Depending on the grade of the appointment, the applicant should have experience of (i) business development, (ii) managing a team to deliver projects on time and in-budget, (iii) contract documents and tender negotiations.
The position will involve:
- Liaising with existing clients and developing contacts with new clients
- Managing complex projects
- Developing the expertise of more junior staff
- Tendering for work
Technical details of projects may involve:
- Geothermal system feasibility assessments
- Scoping and specifying site investigations
- Management and Supervision of ground investigations
- Data interpretation for deep and shallow site investigations
- Selecting design parameters and undertaking advanced geothermal potential analysis
- Geothermal system design
- System efficiency analysis
- Subcontractor management
- Technical report writing
- Preparing technical tenders for new projects and general business development
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications
- Completing design drawing and mapping
- Contract administration, construction supervision and site inspections.
- Day to day coordination and management of design work among junior engineering staff.
- Project management to ensure delivery within time, budget and quality constraints.
- Client interface and company representation at meetings.
- Quality Control and Health and Safety Management (PSDP)
The position location is flexible but preferably in Ireland or the UK. Some national and international travel will be required for meetings, site inspections and construction supervision.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10-15 years' experience in Geothermal analysis and design
- Track record of business development and project delivery
- An MSc degree in Engineering or a Earth Science or a related discipline. .
- Experience and proficiency with technical report writing and presentations.
- A full clean drivers licence.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
Applications including CV should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.