Senior Energy Engineer
Experience level: 3 years +
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As a Senior Energy Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of infrastructure projects. The role will primarily be office based, however, some site-based work and associated travel will be required from time to time.
The position will involve:
- Working as part of a team of engineers, engineering geologists and technicians to deliver infrastructure, structural and renewable projects;
- Undertake site visits for supervision of construction and site investigation work;
- Design and analysis for energy systems packages including modelling energy requirements and energy inputs from suitable systems and resources;
- Energy systems efficiency analysis;
- Systems cost modelling and optimisation;
- Preparing reports, design calculations, software analyses and reviewing drawings;
- Designer’s risk management and assessments.
- Subcontractor management;
- Client interface, presentations and communications skills
The position location is flexible but preferably in Ireland or the UK. Some national and international travel may be required for meetings, site inspections and construction supervision.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Project management, progress and cost tracking and invoice preparation.
- Liaising with existing clients and developing contacts with new clients
- Preparation of contract documents, tenders and business proposals
- Technical report writing
- Mentoring of junior personnel
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Energy Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years relevant post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience of energy systems design methods and software,
- An in-depth understanding of developing energy and renewables technologies, such as onshore and offshore wind, hydrogen generation and storage, bioenergy, low carbon electricity, carbon capture and storage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal,
- A full clean driver’s licence.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.