IT and Technology Manager
Experience level: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
To date, GDG has outsourced IT infrastructure and support services to an external company, going forward we propose to continue outsourcing this IT support. However, given the rapid growth of the business, the need to implement new systems, manage ongoing software, address data storage concerns, and ensure overall resilience of our IT infrastructure, we proposed to appoint an internal IT & Technology Manager to support our business long-term and proactively manage our IT & Technology requirements. The IT manager will be the single point of contact with Everything IT in relation to our software and hardware systems going forward.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Manage our data storage solutions, including large data transfer and facilitate manipulation of large datasets
- Manage our telecommunication systems and ensure all offices and remote workers have the necessary systems to facilitate smooth communications
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Manage all software licenses and software implementation
- Manage all hardware purchases
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Familiarity with large datasets (Storage and manipulation)
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.