Geotechnical Survey Managers
(Offshore Renewable Energy)
At Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions (GDG) we are an independent offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
Due to increased workloads, we are looking for Geotechnical Engineering Lead's from a Site Assessment point of view.
This includes the following:
- Being the Geotechnical Site Assessment Lead (GSA Lead) on offshore wind farm projects from development phase all the way till completion of the geotechnical deliverables (soil input for design and installation)
- Responsible for the technical management related to planning, scoping, and executing phased offshore site investigation campaigns and laboratory testing programmes
- Engaging in close collaboration with site investigation contractors to ensure fit-for-purpose testing techniques and high-quality data deliverables
- Responsible for the interpretation of large geotechnical datasets and performing high-quality site characterisations (supported by other Engineers) to identify potential risks and providing engineering soil properties for permitting and engineering purposes
- Being responsible for reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way through a Geotechnical Interpretative Report (GIR) and obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- The work will have an approx. 60/40 split between project management tasks and technical work
What we are looking for:
- Working full-time as there will be constant activity.
- Someone who can handle many tasks in parallel and has a strong technical and commercial understanding.
- Good at collaborating with others.
- Someone with experience in running large offshore geotechnical campaigns.
Please contact David O'Grady for more information (07557 380 693, firstname.lastname@example.org)
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.