WebGIS Specialist UXO – Ordtek
- Norwich, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Ordtek (www.ordtek.com) is GDG’s niche consultancy arm providing unexploded ordnance (UXO) risk management to land and marine developments, with a strong focus on offshore wind infrastructure.
Ordtek are currently working on some of the largest capital investment projects in Europe, as well as working for a wide range of companies in Asia and North America.
Our clients include blue chip and world leading service providers in the energy sector, and equally high-profile suppliers in other’s industries. Our high levels of quality and professionalism reflect the expectation of our clients.
We seek an experienced GIS analyst to support our growing digital capability and activities by developing concepts and products and be a key expert to help introduce them to the industry. This is a great opportunity for a creative, self-motivated, and conscientious individual to apply their experience in GIS to an exciting global industry.
The successful candidate(s) will work alongside internal colleagues, clients’ development teams and specialist geophysical survey contractors on projects of varying sizes and help to inform risk management decision-making.
The role will report to the Director of Ordtek and be based in our office in Hethel, Norwich. Own transport is essential due to the remote location of the office.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Understanding project and design developments.
- Working alongside various stakeholders to develop projects.
- Research and innovation of digital products.
- Managing scheduling and development of current projects.
- Quality assurance and consistency.
- Strong technical analysis skills.
- Experience of applying GIS to the costal and marine industries.
- Proven experience in managing and ensuring data quality.
- Ability to quality control outputs.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- A strong design background on digital products.
- GIS experience.
- Designers will hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with at least 10 years relevant post graduate experience.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience of the UXO or energy industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A basic understanding of the UXO and/or marine industry.
- Own transport essential due to the remote location of the office.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Own transport is essential due to the remote location of the office.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG and Ordtek, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.