UXO Consultant Risk Assessment Lead
- Norwich, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Ordtek (www.ordtek.com) is GDG’s niche consultancy arm providing unexploded ordnance (UXO) risk management to land and marine developments, with a strong focus on offshore wind infrastructure.
Ordtek are currently working on some of the largest capital investment projects in Europe, as well as working for a wide range of companies in Asia and North America.
Our clients include blue chip and world leading service providers in the energy sector, and equally high-profile suppliers in other’s industries. Our high levels of quality and professionalism reflect the expectation of our clients.
The role will support our growing UXO team’s Risk Reporting activities and would suit somebody with a background and experience in industries such as land construction, archaeology, marine construction and environmental science.
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the production, development and delivery of all Ordtek technical reporting services, which comprise preliminary historical desk-based assessments through to completion reports at the end of operations. They will grow a small team of technical experts to produce these client deliverables. As well as office work, the successful candidate will show a willingness to undertake external research and present to our clients worldwide.
The role will report to the Director of Ordtek and be based in our office in Hethel, Norwich. Own transport is essential due to the remote location of the office.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Understanding project requirements by liaising with clients.
- Working alongside sales and marketing personnel to develop products and offerings. In addition, input would be required to sales enquiries from a technical perspective.
- Research and development of reporting products and offerings.
- Managing scheduling and delivery of reports.
- Production of standard operating procedures and quality assurance documentation.
- Document review and quality control.
- Management of technical personnel.
- Management of historical database and library.
- Ordtek are looking for a suitable candidate with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject, with at least 5 years relevant post graduate experience.
- The successful candidate will be articulate in communicating through reports and visual aids such as charts and graphics. We seek a progressive thinker that can help refine and develop our existing deliverables to ensure that we continue to be market leading in this area.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience of the UXO or energy industry.
- A basic understanding of the marine industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team management experience.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Own transport is essential due to the remote location of the office.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG and Ordtek, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.