Technical Director – Floating Offshore Wind
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
- Full time
We are looking to expand our service offerings in the floating wind sector and are now looking for a Technical Director who will oversee the growth of our business in this area, including business development, building of our internal capabilities and delivery.
As floating wind Technical Director, you will oversee the growth of our business in the floating offshore wind market from identification of new business opportunities and realisation of new contracts to project development and delivery. You will provide technical leadership for building of our internal capabilities in floating wind in line with our growth strategies. The leadership position will work alongside GDG’s core teams to provide an integrated offering across the development life cycle of floating wind projects. This is an ideal role for an ambitious candidate with strong technical experience and commercial acumen who would want to make a mark and drive our growth in the floating wind market.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead the development and execution of GDG’s business strategy in floating offshore wind
- Identify new business opportunities in floating wind; prepare technical and commercial proposals and negotiate contract terms.
- Establish new client base and manage/maintain key existing client relationships.
- Lead the development of GDG’s internal capabilities in floating wind. Identify key areas of focus for development and oversee the enhancement of our internal capabilities.
- Support the delivery of projects in a management or director role, taking responsibility for client/stakeholder engagement and ensuring delivery to the highest technical quality and within the budget/schedule.
- Promote GDG brand in the floating offshore wind industry.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- A track record of delivering floating offshore wind and/or oil & gas projects in a key engineering or project management role;
- A background in either offshore wind development or offshore wind consulting is preferred.
- A relevant university qualification (preferably a Masters degree) in either an engineering, scientific or project management discipline;
- Experience of business development and managing client relationships;
- Commercial experience in previous roles managing budgets, pricing, etc.
- Ability to lead, direct and supervise a team of engineers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & in writing is required
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.