Taiwan Offshore Wind Country Manager
- Taipei, Taiwan, China
- Full time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
The primary function of this position is to develop and manage all aspects of GDG’s offshore wind business activities within Taiwan to meet the corporate aspirations for the market. The Country Manager is accountable for establishing the GDG brand as a recognised entity within Taiwan.
• The development and growth of GDG’s offshore wind business within Taiwan and the management of all local GDG business activities.
• Ensuring the technical integrity and accuracy of the final deliverables to clients at all times.
• Build and develop a local team of suitably qualified technical personnel to provide the necessary engineering support to the in-country projects and to be able to support the overall GDG engineering team in other geographical locations if capacity allows.
• Where necessary provide training for the local engineering team in the offshore wind industry.
• Coordinate with other GDG resources as required to ensure projects have sufficient capacity to execute works.
• Establish in-country office space to accommodate the engineering and support personnel.
• Carry out market research to identify all possible client opportunities and stay informed of relevant developments within the offshore wind and related industry spaces.
• Identify relevant target businesses and market GDG offshore services capabilities to these potential clients with the goal of securing ongoing work.
• Cultivate good relationships with client representatives promoting GDG at all times.
• Develop relationships with relevant certifying authorities, industry bodies and other groups as required.
• Stay informed about the offshore wind market in Taiwan to ensure the local regulatory processes and industry anomalies are fully understood to enable efficient interaction in the market by GDG.
• Provide feedback on any market intelligence, market developments and/or business development opportunities identified for both GDG and the wider Venterra group of companies.
• Be aware of any opportunities for collaboration with suitable businesses and liaise with the APAC Director on any identified targets.
• On a regular basis report to the APAC director outlining critical activities, progress, performance and identifying risks.
• Interface with other GDG entities as necessary to support and to receive support for proposal development and execution of project works.
• Manage all local back-office support services
• Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Good understanding of the local environment and the offshore wind market.
• 5 – 10 years in the Offshore Wind Industry
• Degree qualified in Engineering (preferably a Masters degree in civil/geotechnical or similar)
The demands of the position will fluctuate as the requirements for different business development activities
and project workloads dictate. The Country Manager must be adaptable and able to respond to these
variable requirements and manage the resourcing accordingly.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com