Company & Team Introduction
Established in 2021, Venterra is a dedicated wind energy services Group. Our member companies engineer, build and support the operations of wind energy developments around the world. Sustainability is central to Venterra, who we are, what we do, how we operate, and what we aim to achieve for our clients, for society, and for the planet.
The Sustainability Manager is a key role in our organisation. Reporting to the General Counsel within our Legal & Governance function, the role will be responsible for Venterra’s sustainability strategy, working closely with all relevant stakeholders across our business areas.
The role involves working closely with Venterra Group functional leaders and with each Venterra member company to define, support and deliver the organisations sustainability commitments.
A key aspect of the role is to ensure compliance to regulatory standards and frameworks within the sustainability / ESG space, understanding and implementing such requirements in accordance with wider stakeholder expectations.
Working with key members of the Venterra Executive Team, the Venterra Group functional leadership, and with each member company be responsible for:
- Documenting, implementing and reporting against Venterra’s Group Sustainability Framework to provide clear targets, timelines and deliverables to meet stakeholder expectations and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring that there are robust, compliant, auditable processes and documentation in place supporting Venterra’s ESG reporting.
- the production of the annual Venterra Group Sustainability Report as well as related additional reporting requirements, working closing with our Corporate Affairs & Communications team.
- Engaging with external stakeholders to ensure sustainability goals are clearly understood and using sustainability to support Venterra’s business and profile in the market.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and advising the business on regulatory requirements, latest developments and trends within the sustainability and ESG space.
- The effective identification of risk and opportunities relating to sustainability aspects of the business’s operations.
- Working with each part of the business to obtain contributions, collect reporting data, case studies and progression towards defined goals and objectives.
- Supporting each member company with the effective identification and evaluation of climate-related emissions and appropriate target setting, specifically development of Scope 3 GHG emissions, including data collation and analysis.
- Supporting the business with the effective implementation of a carbon accounting platform, including training and guiding member companies with required application.
- Ensure reporting tools / platforms are in alignment with the required frameworks such as selected SDG’s, TCFD, GRI, CSRD, EU Taxonomy and other relevant frameworks.
- Leading and implement the workstream to obtain alignment with SBTi compliance and verification requirements.
- Supporting and providing input into UNGC annual reporting requirements.
- Supporting member companies with client / customer requests with regards to sustainability / ESG compliance.
- Auditing and monitoring sustainability compliance across member companies.
- Shaping of future sustainability reports in accordance with industry best practice.
- Ensuring internal policies and processes are maintained and updated in accordance with external regulatory trends.
- Being a leader of driving cultural change by embedding sustainability within future strategy and decision-making processes across the wider business.
- 10+ years of professional work experience with significant recent sustainability experience.
- University bachelor’s degree or equivalent level sustainability focussed qualification.
- Strong understanding and experience with complying with climate and ESG reporting standards and frameworks.
- Experience of working in a publicly listed company an advantage.
- Experience of working with digital carbon accounting / ESG reporting tools and able to work with large datasets.
- Strong rigor in reporting and documentation.
- Experience within the offshore wind / wind energy industry beneficial.
- Good project management and decision-making skills, along with ability to meet targets and deadlines to a high degree of quality.
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
- Enthusiastic attitude, excellent communication skills and works well in teams.
- Able to adapt quickly to a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to operate effectively across geographies and adaptability to multiple cultures.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At Venterra, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for Venterra to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.