Senior Survey & Site Investigation Project Manager
- Full time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
The Offshore Survey Management Team at GDG provides a range of specialist services to support clients with their survey and site investigation requirements for offshore renewables projects, including Geoscience Survey Strategies, Survey and Site Investigation scoping and specification, Tender management and contractor selection, live fieldworks supervision and oversight supported by provision of client site representatives and review of contractor’s survey and site investigation deliverables.
We are a team of survey and site investigation specialists, geophysicists, geotechnical engineers and survey managers mostly Mater’s qualified with several years of operational experience in offshore site characterisation, that support clients on a broad range of specialist topics in the area of survey and site investigation for offshore renewables projects.
Due to increasing project demands, we are looking for a Survey and Site investigation project manager to join GDG’s Offshore Survey Management Team.
As a Survey and Site investigation project manager you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of survey and site investigation specialists to deliver survey and site investigation campaigns to meet client’s development requirements. You will be the primary interface with GDG’s clients and survey / site investigation contractors and work closely with technical leads to ensure fieldworks are completed to the required standards.
- Being the main point of contact for the client throughout survey and site investigation projects from development and scoping phases all the way till completion of the deliverables (ground model and cable burial risk assessments).
- Working closely with Technical Leads and supporting resources to support client queries throughout the project lifecycle.
- Delegation of specific project tasks to other experts within GDG when required.
- Monitoring and Tracking project progress – regular alignment with Client and project survey / site investigation Contractors on the project schedule and key project milestones (Mobilisation, Project Progress, production rates and completion status, demobilisation)
- Maintain a project action tracker, risk register and project schedule (Gantt chart) highlighting and tracking against key milestones.
- Administration of survey/site investigation contracts and management of appropriate variations.
- Organise and lead project Kick off Meetings, Daily progress meetings during active fieldworks, Weekly or ad-hoc updates and workshops with client’s project team and survey/site investigation contractors
- Ensure technical support is supplied as required throughout the project through technical discipline leads and other GDG departments.
- Ensure review of contractor’s reports and deliverables is undertaken and comments and feedback are collated and provided to client and contractor accordingly.
- Coordinate Project close out activities (e.g. lesson’s learned, OCR feedback, feedback to contractors, close-out meetings, etc.)
- Manage the contract between clients and GDG. This includes provision of timesheets to the client with an overview of hours spent which will form the basis for the monthly invoices.
- Working closely with clients and contractors to ensure license conditions are understood and executed correctly prior to and during the site investigation works.
- Coordinate with GDG’s resource and contractor coordinator to ensure availability and scheduling of offshore client representatives and other field personnel to meet project requirements.
- Understanding of the site investigation requirements for offshore wind development, including data acquisition and processing methods and limitations in line with industry best practises (Specific technical support will be provided from technical leads).
- Hands on operational and technical experience of offshore survey and /or site investigation techniques
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills for engagement and interaction with clients, subcontractors and collaborating with others.
- Good commercial acumen and contract awareness.
- Highly organised and able to handle many tasks in parallel.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Hold a University Degree preferably Masters in Marine Geography/Geosciences/Geology/ Engineering/Geophysics/ Geotechnics related discipline.
- A formal project management qualification is beneficial but not mandatory.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Given the rapid growth of the business, the need to implement new systems, manage ongoing software, address data storage concerns, and ensure overall resilience of our IT infrastructure, we proposed to appoint an internal IT Manager/Co-ordinator to support our business long-term and proactively manage our IT & Technology requirements.
- / Flexible
- Full time
Marine Advisory Lead
GDG is seeking a talented and experienced Marine Advisory Team Lead to join our dynamic team. As the Marine Advisory Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of scientists, policy analysts, and engineers who provide expert guidance on consenting/regulatory/environmental aspects of offshore wind farm projects
- Ireland or UK / Flexible
- Full time
Senior Survey Manger (UXO Risk Management)
As a Survey and Site investigation project manager you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of survey and site investigation specialists to deliver survey and site investigation campaigns to meet client’s development requirements.
- Netherlands / Flexible
- Full time
Technical Director for Floating Offshore Wind
As floating wind Technical Director, you will oversee the growth of our business in the floating offshore wind market from identification of new business opportunities and realisation of new contracts to project development and delivery. You will provide technical leadership for building of our internal capabilities in floating wind in line with our growth strategies. This is an ideal role for an ambitious candidate with strong technical experience and commercial acumen who would want to make a mark and drive our growth in the floating wind market.
- UK/Ireland / Flexible
- Full time