Senior / Principal Structural Engineer – Monopile Offshore Wind
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
- Full time / Part time
As a Senior/Principal structural engineer you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of design engineers to deliver innovative and optimized solutions.
You will also be responsible for taking the deliverables through third party certification, fabrication and installation phases. The role is mainly targeted at monopile designers, but your contribution to structural assessment of other foundations types would also be encouraged depending on project needs. It is expected that you will provide technical support to tenders and that you will support and mentor the career development of junior engineers.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Monopile primary steel design (NFA, ULS, FLS, ALS)
- MP-TP connection design
- Interface with wind turbine manufacturer
- Interface with certification bodies
- Design Review / Owner’s Engineer Role
- In-House Design tool development
- Supervising more junior staff
GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with prior experience with delivery of monopile detailed design and will have a very strong technical understanding of design process for offshore wind foundations with specific expertise in undertaking monopile primary steel design. The candidate will have excellent report writing and presentation skills and will be comfortable communicating and managing a team of offshore design engineers.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience in load iteration process with wind turbine suppliers
- Experience in the application of offshore structural standards
- Experience in the application of spectral and deterministic fatigue methodologies
- Experience in using SESAM for offshore wind modules is preferred
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis and SCF Calculation
- Experience in leading teams of engineers to deliver complete packages of work, as well as being the main point of contact for technical discussions with clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & in writing
- The ideal candidate has completed detailed design of monopiles for at least one project taking the design deliverables through third party certifications.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.