Senior Offshore Geotechnical Engineer USA
- Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Full time
This role will support our Offshore Wind Foundations and Marine Civil Engineering design activities.
The role will report to our USA Country Manager and our Head of Offshore Engineering and will be based in the North East of the USA (Providence, RI).
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be primarily office based. Your role will involve leading projects, managing teams working on analysis, interpretation and design activities. Some offshore supervision of site investigations may be required. Your focus will be on fixed and floating offshore wind farms in the Americas, and will cover all project stages from conceptual studies through to detailed design, installation and follow-up monitoring and assessment.
GDG is growing its presence in the US offshore wind market and the role will require significant client liaison and business development. You will work closely with developers, EPC and survey contractors, academics and government entities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing offshore geotechnical and foundation design projects. This will include leading teams in the areas of geological and geotechnical interpretation and production of ground models and interpretive reports. The role will also involve general foundation design exercises including jack-up assessments, pile design and preparation of geotechnical risk assessments, as well as cable route design.
- Project management
- Client engagement
- Leading a range of technical studies and complex projects
- Supervising and mentoring staff
- Team development
- Site Investigation, oversight QA/QC
- Management of laboratory soil testing programs.
- Preparation of geotechnical specifications
- Geotechnical and geological desk studies
- Site assessments and geotechnical interpretation
- Geotechnical risk management
- Foundation design including pile-soil-interaction and pile drivability
- Development of ground models
- Integration of geophysical and geotechnical data
- Supporting/leading research activities.
The candidate must have prior experience working as a geotechnical engineer with offshore site investigation experience. The candidate will have 7 to 15 years of offshore geotechnical experience within the offshore wind industry, or similar offshore industry such as oil & gas or marine (a minimum of 5 years of offshore wind experience is required).
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Have a university degree in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering or equivalent (a master’s or PhD degree in these fields is highly advantageous)
- Hold a Professional Engineering license (P.E.)
- Experience managing junior staff
- Experience in project management
- Experience reviewing reports and managing client expectations
- Experience developing business and client relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Experience with geotechnical software packages
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software (including Project)
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience. Candidates must have the right to work in US.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.