Senior Drainage Engineer
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
- Full time / Part time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is seeking suitable candidates to fill the role of Senior Drainage Engineer within our Infrastructure/Onshore Renewables Team. The location for this role is flexible.
As a Senior Drainage Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of infrastructure projects. The position will involve:
- Project management and client liaison.
- Collaboration with Civil, Geotechnical and Structural Engineers to deliver infrastructure and renewable energy projects.
- Flood Risk Assessment and Section 50 applications.
- Design of surface water drainage systems using SuDS techniques.
- Hydraulic design of culverts.
- Consultations with OPW, IFI and other statutory bodies.
- Input into Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Ground movement assessments and damage prediction of structures and infrastructure.
- Managing and mentoring graduate and design level engineers.
- Quality assurance including review of reports, drawings, calculations, software outputs.
- Applying the Principles of Prevention and preparing Design Risk Assessments.
- Bid preparation and business development.
Minimum requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- 5-10 years relevant post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Chartered Engineers status (Engineer’s Ireland or Institute of Civil Engineers).
- Experience in modelling software, such as Microdrainage/Infodrainage, Hecras, Mike 21.
- Experience in wind farm drainage design.
- Construction experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project and team management experience.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. A generous salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.