GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy focused on developing innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the most challenging offshore wind, marine and infrastructure projects around the world. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US, as well as a rapidly expanding global footprint. Our clients include renewable energy developers (both for offshore and onshore wind projects), tier one contractors including marine EPCI contractors, and a range of other bodies that require our expert services (consultants, finance houses, insurers, etc…). Our principal areas of expertise are Offshore Renewables, Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbours, Structures, and Environmental Services.
We are seeking a passionate Sales Director to lead the GDG Business Development team and drive engagement and development in both our Onshore and Offshore engineering sectors. You will be responsible for delivering a sustainable pipeline of work. This will involve identifying and securing new sales opportunities, building and maintaining customer relationships, and increasing our pipeline and sales across our established regions and globally as we continue to expand into new markets.
As Sales Director, you will be working closely with all our sectors. The Sales Director is responsible for building new and maintaining existing relationships with key clients. A large aspect of this role is to direct the bid team in developing and implementing the sales strategy and business development activities. You will also need to coordinate with the marketing team to support brand awareness and ensure alignment across the sales and marketing strategies.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Work winning – converting enough sales each month to deliver our growth objectives across the business
- Secure sufficient workload and identify enough new opportunities to build and maintain a sustainable pipeline for the business
- Managing the tender team
- Lead in key customer interactions and engagement
- Identify new business opportunities, potential clients, and strategic partnerships
- Maintain key client relationships at a senior level.
- Enhance the existing pipeline of work through the identification of additional leads
- Develop/enhance bid strategies and tender submissions
- Lead on inter-company and multi-departmental bids, collaborating with our marketing teams as well as colleagues within GDG and across the wider Venterra group
- Prepare relevant business plans (for new markets) and strategies
- Detect trends in the marketplace, communicating them effectively across the business and driving appropriate action (related to sales )
- Raise GDG’s profile by attending industry, strategic stakeholder events, and networking opportunities.
- Detailed knowledge of the renewables sector & access to the market with pre-existing client contacts
- Demonstrable experience in a sales role within a consulting or a relevant professional service business
- Results-driven attitude
- Track record of work winning, achieving and exceeding targets
- Evidence of developing client relationships, key account management, building pipelines
- Demonstrable experience in the Onshore or Offshore engineering consultancy sector
- Technical capacity and ability to translate complex technical offerings to customers.
• All relevant degrees and backgrounds accepted.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcome to work.