Renewable Energy Development Project Manager
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
- Full time
In this role, you will primarily be office based, managing commercial projects within the GDG onshore renewables and geohazards team. The role would suit a scientist, engineer or project manager with experience in renewable energy development who is interested in developing knowledge and skills in these areas. The role would involve working on project from early site feasibility studies through to pre-construction process.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Client liaison and project management
- Review renewable greenfield sites in terms of feasibility
- Finance and scope management
- Providing advice on the renewable energy development consenting and EIA process
- Coordinating and procurements specialist subcontractors for expert advice, undertaking surveys, EIA etc.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Business development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Some experience of onshore renewable energy development constraints
- Experience of onshore renewable energy consenting processes in Ireland – EIA, EPC, SID and RESS.
- Experience in Project/People Management;
- A full clean driver’s licence.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have knowledge of some or all of the below and have a willingness to develop expertise in:
- Wind farm and solar development process and consents;
- Environmental Impact Assessment process;
- Irish Planning processes;
- Grid connection constraints process;
- Feasibility assessments for renewable projects;
- Preliminary engineering and geotechnical studies involved for windfarm development at consenting stages.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.