Project Manager – Subsea Anchor Technology Development
€40,000.00 - €50,000.00 / Annually
- Flexible , Ireland, Ireland
- Full time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimise offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
We recognise the need to constantly innovate and expand our offering to maintain a strong competitive advantage. This is achieved through a portfolio of R&D projects which are specifically targeted to ensure that we meet the rapidly evolving service requirements of our clients.
Our R&D project teams draw on multidisciplinary expertise from across our business sectors and work in close collaboration with leading academics to develop innovative solutions. A research focus places GDG at the cutting edge; ensuring that our clients consistently benefit from recent advancements in the state of the art.
We are recruiting a Project Manager to work on subsea anchor development as an integral part of its multidisciplinary team. The role will involve supporting the delivery of a broad range of R&D projects, however primary focus shall be on subsea anchor development.
The role will involve managing a number of projects related to subsea anchor development and therefore the ideal candidate will have a background or experience of offshore design and/or construction. The role includes the development of a project plan for new anchor technology as well as delivering a number of externally funded research projects also related to offshore floating structures, including mooring/.anchor assemblies for offshore wind turbines. The role will include managing the budget, timeline, and technical development to advance a state of the art anchor solution that is optimised for offshore wind farm foundations. The role is ideally suited to somebody from an engineering background, an appreciation of offshore wind farm design and a strong project management skillset.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the technical development of subsea anchor technology;
- Managing R&D projects and ensuring they are delivered in time and on budget ;
- Ensuring technical integration of research outcomes into the wider GDG business ;
- Communicating research objectives and outputs to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organisational Skills and Strong Project Management Focus ;
- An appreciation of offshore wind design/construction issues ;
- Background in technology development preferable but not essential ;
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of independent research to understand complex topics and concisely synthesise critical points under tight deadlines.
- Experience of research project management and of reporting to funding agencies.
- Experience of technology development through engagement in R&D projects.
- Experice of engineering design projects.
- Strong academic and industrial network related to one or more of the research clusters.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Experience of PhD Student supervision.
- Experience of managing research data in accordance with the FAIR Data Principles.
- Engineering Degree in a Relevant Discipline
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
As an equal opportunity employer, equality, diversity, and inclusion are central to GDG’s organisational values. Our aim is for GDG to be a welcoming place for all to work.
- Private medical Insurance
- You can buy 5 days additional holiday
- 5 days sick pay at full pay
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced paternity/maternity pay
- Membership fees of relevant institution if chartered
- Paid training
- Investment in personal development
- Employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com