Principal Environmental Consultant (EIA Lead) (Onshore)
We are a leading consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimise renewable energy developments around the world. We pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
We are expanding our EIA capability due to increased project demands and are looking for someone to take the lead in the preparation and management of EIA projects. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic environmental planning and consenting practitioner looking to progress their career within a growing consultancy. The appointed consultant will have knowledge, skills, and experience with a consulting firm or similar organisation, with cross-cutting expertise in EIA, HRA and other related work streams. Based in any of our UK or Irish offices you will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of public and private sector clients.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) – leading all aspects of EIA at all stages of the project, including SEA, feasibility, screening/scoping, reporting;
- Providing technical input into fee quotes and tenders;
- Supporting business development;
- Contributing to the company’s technical practice development;
- Writing supporting documents for planning applications and other environmental consents;
- Providing general environmental support on a wide range of projects including renewable energy projects and other infrastructure projects;
- Managing direct reports;
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required.
- Significant experience working in a relevant position.
- Experience in the coordination and production of Environmental Statements/ EIA Reports, Environmental Appraisals.
- Understanding of environmental policy and legislation.
- Understanding of other processes of impact assessment, including ecological impact assessment (EcIA), environmental impact assessment (EIA), strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA).
Experience in some or all of the below would be beneficial:
- Good working knowledge of consenting regimes, (Town and country Planning Act, Marine Licencing, Environmental Permitting, etc).
- Experience of a variety of sectors including renewables and infrastructure.
- Have an environmental-related degree.
- Have or work towards full membership of IEMA or similar professional institute.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication and presentation skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
- Candidates should have a full UK Valid driver’s licence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
Environmental Consultant – EIA (Onshore)