Operations Director UXO – Ordtek
- Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Ordtek (www.ordtek.com) is GDG’s niche consultancy arm providing unexploded ordnance (UXO) risk management to land and marine developments, with a strong focus on offshore wind infrastructure.
Ordtek are currently working on some of the largest capital investment projects in Europe, as well as working for a wide range of companies in Asia and North America.
Our clients include blue chip and world leading service providers in the energy sector, and equally high-profile suppliers in other’s industries. Our high levels of quality and professionalism reflect the expectation of our clients.
The Operations Director is responsible for ensuring that the Company has the best working environment, tools, resources and processes to achieve optimum business growth, while maintaining efficiencies and ensuring resilience at all times, by being the bridge between company management and operations.
The role will secure the market position as leading UXO consultancy by ensuring that Ordtek is provided with the opportunity to bid on the majority of projects where UXO consultancy is required by ensuring the relationships with both existing and new clients are secure and healthy, recognising and develop opportunities with both, including developing new offerings and service streams where appropriate, and securing routine work with the TSO’s.
The successful candidate will take an independent view of Ordtek that ensures efficiencies and resilience, giving clients confidence including considering how Ordtek may confidently operate in new and existing territories within a changing landscape.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and directing all operational activities for the organisation.
- Translating the Company’s strategy into defined operational plans.
- Driving the business to increase profits.
- Identifying business improvement opportunities.
- Planning and monitoring Ordtek’s day to day operations.
- Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement.
- Reviewing internal working practices and identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems.
- Ensuring safety regulations are followed.
- Keeping employees motivated and organising appropriate training.
- Investigating customer satisfaction and reporting any issues to the Management Board meetings.
- Minimise operational expenditure within the business wherever possible.
- Ensuring financial targets are met.
- Ensuring company quality standards are maintained.
- Active participation on Ordtek Management Board.
- Working with third party professionals such as legal or financial professionals on any matters that occur.
- Staying up to date with changes in the industry.
- Ensuring the business operates towards the aims and objectives listed below.
- GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with proven Director of Operations or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organisation and leadership abilities.
- Strong UXO background and experience of offshore wind, road, environmental and general infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of industry legal rules and guidelines.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- The successful individual will have proven, strong experience of managing operations efficiently and directing a team to success.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office.
- Supervising staff from different backgrounds and providing constructive feedback.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject such as business administration, or equivalent military qualifications.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
- This is a full time, permanent position. Own transport is essential due to the remote location of the office.
- Remuneration Offer:
- A competitive salary package is offered, including company share reward.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
At GDG and Ordtek, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.