Offshore Wind Senior Cable installation Engineer
- Dublin, London, (Remote working considered), United Kingdom
- Full time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
The Offshore T&I Team at GDG supports clients with a range of services including transportation and installation concept development, supply chain mapping, Logistic sites assessments, installation analyses, T&I related risk management. Our T&I support include all aspects of the offshore wind farm including foundations, inter array and export power cables, WTGs, seabed preparation and equipment burial, scour protection, etc… To grow and strengthen our in-house expertise, we are looking for an experienced cable installation engineer who will support on both proposal preparation and our project delivery works.
As a Senior Cable installation Engineer, you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of installation and design engineers to deliver innovative and optimized solutions to our clients. You will be working on multiple projects, including where GDG is appointed as Owners Engineer, supporting our clients on cable relates scopes.
It is expected that you will also provide support to proposal preparation and that you will support and mentor the career development of junior engineers.
- Report to GDG Transportation and Installation Team Lead.
- Work on both fixed and floating offshore wind projects worldwide
- Work on a multidisciplinary team together with other installation, design, marine experts.
- Support our clients on the development of their projects during all phases of the offshore cables package, from early project development to execution and commissioning phase.
- Liaise with Clients on all aspects relevant to the T&I of power cables projects, including cable laying, pull-in, shore approach, burial works, T&T activities.
- Develop and support in developing cable engineering including preparation of technical specifications, cable routing, cable burial and protection, installation engineering procedures, installation analyses reports, operation and maintenance studies and procedures as required by clients.
- Develop and support in developing early project phase supply chain mappings, cable installation and burial execution strategies including installation programs and CAPEX estimate.
- Risk Management including identification and management of any relevant risks and opportunities identified, their score impacts and mitigation measures. Participate to risk reviews as required.
- Develop of Employers Requirements as part of the preparation of ITT/RFP deliverables, examine proposals received from potential cable Tier 1 contractors from both technical and commercial point of view.
- Interface management.
- Capturing and sharing lessons learnt, chairing lessons learnt sessions.
- Ad hoc support.
- Mentor junior engineers
- > 7 years in offshore wind cable engineering and installation and burial activities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the offshore wind power cable market.
- We are ideally looking for someone who has experience working with Tier 1 (Cable) Installation Contractors and managing cable projects development and installation.
- Experience in cable electrical engineering would be a significant plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
Offshore Wind Senior Foundation installation Engineer
As a Senior Foundation installation Engineer, you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of installation and design engineers to deliver innovative and optimized solutions to our clients. You will be working on multiple projects, including where GDG is appointed as Owners Engineer, supporting our clients on WTG foundations relates scopes.
- Dublin, London, (Remote working considered)
- Full time