Marine Advisory Lead
Ireland or UK
- Full time
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors to resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with developers through all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects through the entire project life cycle from project conception, through site selection studies, early development and consenting phases, conceptual design into FEED, detailed engineering, construction through to decommissioning.
Our marine advisory services fall into seven main categories: (1) strategic advice; (2) desktop studies; (3) stakeholder engagement; (4) licensing/permitting for site investigations, (5) ecological survey procurement and management, (6) consent/EIA applications (7) discharge of planning conditions and post consent monitoring and reporting.
Some of our specific services for offshore wind include: site identification and refinement, early-stage desktop studies, ecological survey definition, procurement and management, programme management, strategic and policy advice, environmental and technical due diligence, stakeholder engagement, fisheries liaison, project definition, licensing and consenting services, appropriate assessment, and EIA.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader with an environmental or consenting background to head up our diverse offshore Marine Advisory team.
GDG is seeking a talented and experienced Marine Advisory Team Lead to join our dynamic team. As the Marine Advisory Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of scientists, policy analysts, and engineers who provide expert guidance on consenting/regulatory/environmental aspects of offshore wind farm projects. Your extensive knowledge of marine operations, regulations, and industry best practices will play a vital role in ensuring the successful planning and execution of these projects.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead and manage the Marine Advisory team, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical expertise to ensure the delivery of high-quality marine advisory services.
- Oversee and coordinate marine-related aspects of offshore wind farm projects, including site selection, marine environmental impact assessments, permitting, and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, clients, and stakeholders to assess project requirements, identify potential challenges, and develop effective strategies for mitigating risks associated with marine operations.
- Review and provide guidance on various statutory documentation, including environmental impact assessments, marine surveys, and permits.
- Stay updated with industry advancements, regulations, and emerging technologies related to offshore wind farm policy.
- Foster strong relationships with external stakeholders, regulatory authorities, and industry organizations to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of marine advisory processes, methodologies, and tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Other skills include:
- Team management
- Allocation of resources
- Recruitment and Training
- Strategic Planning
- Client Liaison
- Business Development
- Significant, demonstrable experience in marine advisory for offshore wind farm projects or related marine engineering projects.
- Offshore consenting and planning
- In-depth knowledge of marine operations, regulations, and environmental considerations associated with offshore wind farm development
- Familiarity with international standards and guidelines for offshore wind development in the offshore industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to effectively lead a diverse team and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Environmental and or consenting background
- Offshore and Maritime policies
- Track record of Leading and Managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience managing EIA processes.
- Offshore Wind Projects (Beneficial)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science, Maritime Policy, Oceanography, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwater Acoustic Modeller
The successful candidate will be based in the GDG Offshore Design Team supporting the wider GDG Teams (e.g. R&D and Marine Advisory) to deliver commercial scope. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in process / business development for the rapidly developing acoustic modelling service offering.
- Dublin / Flexible
- Full time
Project Engineer/ Project Surveyor
As a Project Engineer/ Project Surveyor you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of survey specialists and survey/site investigation project managers to deliver and support survey and site investigation campaigns to meet client’s development requirements.
- / Flexible
- Full time
Senior Survey & Site Investigation Project Manager
As a Survey and Site investigation project manager you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of survey and site investigation specialists to deliver survey and site investigation campaigns to meet client’s development requirements. You will be the primary interface with GDG’s clients and survey / site investigation contractors and work closely with technical leads to ensure fieldworks are completed to the required standards.
- Remote / Flexible
- Full time
Marine / Civil Geotechnical / Structural Engineer
This role will support our Marine Civil Engineering design activities. This role will report to our Head of Ports & Harbours and will be based in Belfast. Your role will be predominantly office-based and will involve leading projects and working on analysis and design activities and supervising graduate engineers and technicians. Our order book has a healthy balance of marine structures, geotechnical interpretation and general foundation design for clients.
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Full time