Lead CAD Specialist (Offshore Wind)
Company & Team Introduction:
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US. Our clients include government agencies, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. Our principal areas of expertise are Offshore and Research & Development, Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour and Structures.
Our technicians are integral in providing quality services to both domestic/international markets and are valued members of our team. You will be seeking to join a multidisciplinary team of technicians applying a wide range of skills to engineering design. With continued success our team is growing, and we are seeking out talented individuals to provide a high standard of visuals, drawings, and models for our clientele.
As An Offshore Engineering Technician at GDG you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of technicians to deliver innovative and optimized solutions. You will also be responsible for taking the deliverables through all project stages and working alongside GDG’s engineering staff and clientele. We are looking for a technician with 2-5years experience within the Offshore Engineering sectors. It is expected that you will provide technical support and continually provide innovative solutions within the team.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Providing competent technician support to Design Engineers.
- Provision of high-quality deliverables (models & drawings)
- Compliance to company standards and deadlines.
- Liaising with clients and managing expectations
- Communicating with technical team
- Any other duties required by the business
- Business development
- Good working knowledge and previous experience in the Offshore or AEC industry. Prior experience in offshore wind industry (WTG and OSS substructure and topside, primary, secondary and tertiary steel) is deemed particularly beneficial
- Expert in 3D CAD design with software packages including Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor or similar. Familiarity with Revit and GIS tools is considered a plus.
- A solid grasp of geospatial and 3D modeling principles.
- An excellent understanding of data management and interpretation.
- Knowledge of coding languages would be an advantage.
- A third-level qualification in an engineering discipline would be an advantage.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.