- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US.
Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
To date, GDG have outsourced IT infrastructure and support services to an external company, going forward we propose to continue outsourcing this IT support.
However, given the rapid growth of the business, the need to implement new systems, manage ongoing software, address data storage concerns, and ensure overall resilience of our IT infrastructure, we proposed to appoint an internal IT Manager/Co-ordinator to support our business long-term and proactively manage our IT & Technology requirements. The IT manager/co-ordinator will be the main point of contact with Everything IT in relation to our software and hardware systems going forward.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Manage our data storage solutions, including large data transfer and facilitate manipulation of large datasets
- Manage our telecommunication systems and ensure all offices and remote workers have the necessary systems to facilitate smooth communications
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Manage all software licenses and software implementation
- Manage all hardware purchases, looking for new cost-effective solutions
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Background in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Significant, demonstrable experience of working in IT operations
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
- Familiarity with large datasets (Storage and manipulation)
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Hold a University Degree in an IT related discipline.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
This role will support Ordtek’s project operations by providing diligent assistance, both with daily office and administration duties. The successful candidate will be a positive team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills, problem-solving qualities, and strong administrative skills.
- Hethel Engineering Centre, Norwich, Norfolk
- Full time
To provide organisational and operational HSE support and specific guidance in accordance with the GDG approved HSEQ Management System, current legislation / regulations, and contractual requirements. Operational experience either onshore or offshore is mandatory.
- Dublin/Cork/Belfast/Edinburgh or remote / Flexible
- Full time
Technical Director for Floating Offshore Wind
As floating wind Technical Director, you will oversee the growth of our business in the floating offshore wind market from identification of new business opportunities and realisation of new contracts to project development and delivery. You will provide technical leadership for building of our internal capabilities in floating wind in line with our growth strategies. This is an ideal role for an ambitious candidate with strong technical experience and commercial acumen who would want to make a mark and drive our growth in the floating wind market.
- UK/Ireland / Flexible
- Full time
Wind Energy Engineer (Offshore)
As a Senior Offshore Wind Energy Engineer, you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of design and metocean engineers to deliver innovative and optimized solutions. You will be responsible for carrying out various scopes of work including energy yield assessments, layout optimisation, intra and inter array wake modelling and AEP calculations.
- Dublin / Flexible
- Full time