At Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions (GDG), we are experts at finding innovative engineering solutions to support some of the most challenging offshore wind, marine and infrastructure projects around the world. Offering advice, consultancy support and engineering expertise, our team of specialist engineering consultants is focused on developing the most sustainable design solutions for our clients.
With a foundation in geoscience and geotechnical engineering, our expertise has grown to include foundation design, cable engineering and general civil infrastructure design. We are committed to supporting projects that contribute to the global sustainability agenda, such as enhancing infrastructure for climate change resilience, supporting offshore wind developments, engineering onshore wind infrastructure and assessing the carbon footprints of conventional civil schemes.
At GDG, we thrive on engineering innovation, and our team of industry experts constantly push boundaries to define a new state-of-the-art.
Each year we welcome interns from across Ireland, the UK and Europe to work alongside us for the summer and Industrial Placements. We are interested in students with inquisitive minds and the desire to work on complex problems. During your time at GDG you will collaborate with us on important projects. The internships are available in our offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Edinburgh.
Your responsibilities will depend on the nature of the work but will typically include:
- Working with senior engineers on a wide variety of problems,
- Assisting with design and analysis,
- Learning and developing new skillsets such as software packages and processes to support our design solutions, and
- Developing expertise and experiences to deliver construction and research projects. This may include site visits and client meetings, where appropriate.
We are looking for candidates who can help us achieve our goals. Our ideal intern:
- Has an interest in renewables, sustainable engineering or design, offshore wind, climate change engineering, carbon reduction or general sustainable consultancy practices,
- Is achieving good marks at course work in an accredited degree relevant to our work,
- Has three years or more of your university course successfully completed,
- Has the ability to work in a team,
- Wants exposure to a range of exciting new civil engineering markets, and
- Is self-motivated, an innovative thinker and willing to take on new challenges
If you are interested, please apply and include your internship dates and office preference.
If you have any queries contact email@example.com with the subject Internship program and attach your CV.