Human Resource Manager
Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
To plan, develop and implement a strategy for human resource management and development to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets & timescales.
Requirements of the Role
- Ability to translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action
- Develop a strategic approach to human resource development and management to ensure the effective implementation of GDG’s strategy & operational plans.
- Develop appropriate human resource policies and standards to ensure effective, fair and equitable management of employees throughout the organization and ensure that these reflect best practice and comply with relevant employment legislation.
- Regularly review HR processes and procedures to reflect changes in legislation and business needs and update accordingly
- Ensure that HR issues are given full consideration in all decision making
- Ensure that Managers and employees are aware of HR policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Provide support and guidance to Managers/Directors on HR and organisation development issues.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks
- Develop and implement a process of induction for Employees and monitor its effectiveness.
- Develop, implement and manage a system of Talent Management reviews.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements
- Review development requirements from performance reviews and compile a site Training & Development Plan for approval & facilitate the appropriate training
- Once approved, manage the annual training and development plan and budget and ensure that evaluation of training is carried out and reviewed.
- Provide support and advice as appropriate in disciplinary, grievance & such matters
- Ensure the company complies with all aspects of Employment Law.
- To play a major role in ensuring that all employees are kept up-to-date with relevant information in a timely manner through such mediums as team briefs and employee meetings.
- To identify & drive continuous improvements within the Human Resource area
- To monitor and advise on absence management
- Directing change management and organisational development
- Experience in implementing new procedures and process in line with best practice and continuous improvement
- Experience in developing a training strategy
- Comfortable making decision and seeing through their execution
- Able to influence employees at all levels and build effective relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people across the organization and externally
- Capable of diffusing high tensions situations comfortably and effectively facilitate and manage conflicts to resolution
- Ability to exercise discretion, diplomacy and good judgement whilst dealing with confidential information, is seen as a trustworthy individual
- Good judge of talent, after reasonable exposure can articulate the strengths and limitations of people
Requirements of the Person
- Graduate/ Member CIPD
- At least 5 years’ experience of working as an HR generalist
- Experience with Microsoft office software
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to listen to the needs of others
- Strong strategic skills and the ability to act as a visionary for a company
- Strong leadership qualities to lead the function
- Strong business and financial skills, including financial planning, budgeting and financial reporting
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations and deal well with conflict
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong morals and ethics and sound judgement
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies.
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.