Dublin/Cork/Belfast/Edinburgh or remote
- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
Ordtek is a niche consultancy providing unexploded ordnance (UXO) risk management to land and marine developments, with a strong focus on offshore wind infrastructure. Ordtek are currently working on some of the largest capital investment projects in Europe, as well as working for a wide range of companies in Asia and North America. Our clients include blue chip and world leading service providers in the energy sector, and equally high-profile suppliers in other’s industries. Our high levels of quality and professionalism reflect the expectation of our clients. We are based in Hethel Engineering Centre, just south of Norwich, Norfolk.
To provide organisational and operational HSE support and specific guidance in accordance with the GDG & Ordtek’s approved HSEQ Management System, current legislation / regulations, and contractual requirements. Operational experience either onshore or offshore is mandatory.
You can be based at any of our offices or remotely’ although regular visits to our offices are expected if working remotely. Offices available include Dublin, Cork, Belfast, Edinburgh and Norwich.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- To ensure that HSE legislation applicable to GDG & Ordtek’s operations is understood and applied to ensure organisational compliance throughout project delivery.
- Compliance with Client specific HSE programmes, initiatives or certification schemes.
- Provision of operational HSE support to relevant worksites, mobilisation sites and vessels as required.
- Monitoring and reporting on project HSE performance, ensuring any potential deficiencies or urgent matters are brought to the attention of GDG/Ordtek
- To manage internal and external audits, along with conducting verification activities to maintain operational HSE compliance.
- To produce and deliver HSE inductions and associated related HSE training.
- To be responsible for the process of identification, recording, investigation and follow up of HSE related incidents and accidents.
- To assist in the development of safety documentation to further improve GDG & Ordtek’s internal processes to ensure that all HSE actions are suitable registered, monitored and closed out in a timely manner.
- Participation in the process for managing Sub-Contractor HSE performance.
- To continually promote and support the HSE culture and values of GDG & Ordtek and the Client.
- Significant, demonstrable experience working in a HSE position.
- UK & Ireland work experience
- Offshore industry experience
- Understanding of Management Systems, HSE Legislation / Regulations, Risk Assessment Application, Auditing, Inspection, Incident Management and Emergency Response
- IT Literate / Skilled with Microsoft Office
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (Health and Safety NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification) as an absolute minimum
- IEMA Foundation Certificate (desirable)
- Offshore Survival / Medical
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development. Candidates seeking to work remotely must demonstrate commitment and high levels of personal drive.
At GDG & Ordtek, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG & Ordtek to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Given the rapid growth of the business, the need to implement new systems, manage ongoing software, address data storage concerns, and ensure overall resilience of our IT infrastructure, we proposed to appoint an internal IT Manager/Co-ordinator to support our business long-term and proactively manage our IT & Technology requirements.
- / Flexible
- Full time
This role will support Ordtek’s project operations by providing diligent assistance, both with daily office and administration duties. The successful candidate will be a positive team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills, problem-solving qualities, and strong administrative skills.
- Hethel Engineering Centre, Norwich, Norfolk
- Full time