Graduate Civil Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
- Full time
In the role of Graduate Engineer, you will primarily be office based, working on civil design work in the infrastructure/onshore wind team. The role would suit an engineer with some experience in geotechnical and/or structural design who is interested in developing knowledge and skills in these areas. Commercial civil design work will include geotechnical or structural design for projects such as road, rail, onshore wind, solar, commercial and residential building and electrical infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Reviewing engineering drawings and specifications;
- Geotechnical data organisation and management;
- Preparing civil design reports and specifications under the supervision of senior engineers;
- Civil / structural design under supervision of the senior engineers;
- Assisting project managers and senior engineers with document management;
- Visit to sites (greenfield and construction).
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- A full clean driver’s licence.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Some experience of geotechnical and/or structural design to Eurocode and British/Irish National Standards.
- Understanding of geotechnical testing and investigation methods
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.