- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As an Energy Engineer you will work in collaboration with a passionate, multidisciplinary team of over 150 scientist and engineers who are focused on the sustainable design and delivery of critical infrastructure projects. The energy engineering team will work across all GDG commercial sectors, providing expert insight into the design a wide range of projects including: offshore wind, green hydrogen, geothermal, and solar. We are looking for energy engineers with c. 5 years’ of commercial experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of sustainable energy ;
- Knowledge Of a wide range of renewable energy technologies and how they interact as part of the wider energy mix ;
- An excellent understanding of green hydrogen, power to X and other alternatives for energy to decarbonise specific industries unsuited to electrification
- Excellent understanding of the drivers behind and barriers to Power to X / Green hydrogen uptake, including technical, economic, and political/regulatory factors ;
- Appreciation of energy balancing and the interplay between different demands, sources of supply and the interdependent role for storage ( of either electrons or hydrogen).
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Energy Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years relevant post-graduate experience.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
We are a team of engineers and geoscientists that support clients on a broad range of earthworks, civil and environmental engineering design for onshore projects. To grow our in-house expertise, we are looking for a hands-on experienced geotechnical engineer who can collaborate effectively with fellow team members and support our project delivery works providing high quality technical input.
- Full time
Lead Energy Engineer (Green Hydrogen)
As Lead Energy Engineer you will provide mentoring, guidance and technical oversight to a team of Energy Engineers. You will work closely with a passionate, multidisciplinary team of over 150 scientist and engineers who are dedicated to the sustainable design and delivery of critical infrastructure projects. The energy engineering team work across all GDG commercial sectors, providing expert insight into the design of a wide range of projects including: offshore wind, green hydrogen, geothermal, and solar.
- Multiple locations / Flexible
- Full time