- Full time
We are a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimise offshore wind developments around the world. We pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
We are expanding our EIA capability due to increased project demands and are looking for someone to take on a lead role in the preparation and management of EIA projects. Building on the existing specialities within the Marine Advisory Team, we are looking to increase our EIA capabilities. Over the past 12 months, we have been involved in several high profile offshore and nearshore marine projects and with continued growth in the offshore renewable market, we expect continuous growth.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the continued growth of our Offshore Team by supporting business development activities, developing relationships with new and existing clients, and using your existing network to win work.
- Lead teams to deliver EIA projects and provide consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaise with clients, regulators and stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare EIA Screening and Scoping reports for offshore wind projects and supervise others in this task, as well as leading EIA delivery.
- Provide expert environmental advice relating to environmental assessment, consents and management for the design and construction of major projects.
- Train, motivate and mentor junior staff.
- Experience leading environmental elements of offshore projects, ideally including both subsea cable projects and offshore wind.
- Proven experience in delivering EIA’s for major projects and been Involved in EIA project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination. You should have experience of providing technical direction at a project level.
- Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids and monthly project and budget reporting.
- Established network in the offshore wind industry with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in the sector.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
Should be willing to travel, including possible international travel.
- Hold a University Degree in environmental science or related field of study.
Candidates should be highly organised and motivated with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com