EIA Lead – Offshore
Offshore - Marine Advisory
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is a leading offshore wind consultant, with a focus on supporting developers and contractors resolve technical challenges and optimize offshore wind developments around the world. At GDG, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities and expertise of our staff and have a commitment to delivering the highest quality technical and management output. We have worked closely with all phases of offshore wind development and therefore are well placed to support projects from project inception with site selection studies, through the early development and consenting phases, into FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction.
We are expanding our EIA capability therefore we are looking for someone to take on a Lead role in the preparation and management of EIA projects. Building on the existing specialities within the marine advisory team we are looking to increase our EIA capabilities due to project demands. Over the past 12 months GDG has been involved in several high profile offshore and nearshore marine projects and with continued growth in the offshore renewable market we expect continuous growth.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Support the continued growth of our offshore team’s; by supporting business development activities, developing relationships with new and existing clients, as well as using your existing network to win work.
- Lead teams to deliver EIA projects and provide consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle,
- Liaise with clients, regulators and stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare EIA Screening and Scoping reports for offshore wind projects and supervise others in this task, as well as leading EIA delivery.
- Provide expert environmental advice relating to environmental assessment, consents and management for the design and construction of major projects.
- Train, motivate and mentor junior staff.
- Experience leading environmental elements of offshore projects, ideally including both subsea cable projects and offshore wind;
- Should have proven experience in delivering EIA’s for major projects and been Involved in EIA project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination. You should have experience of providing technical direction at a project level.
- Should be experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids and monthly project and budget reporting.
- Established network in the offshore wind industry with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in the sector.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
- Should be willing to travel, including possible international travel
Hold a University Degree in environmental science or related field of study.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.