Company & Team Introduction:
Venterra Group Plc is a dedicated wind energy services company helping wind power grow. Our vision is to create a global services champion supporting the offshore wind industry’s rapid expansion and leading role in the energy transition. Venterra’s mission is to service wind energy developers globally with best-in-class engineering, construction and operations services, through acquiring and partnering with asset light and differentiated providers with an entrepreneurial culture and technological drive.
Due to continued growth across the group, we are seeking an experienced contract manager to support the business as part of our Legal, Compliance and Governance Team. This role will be based in one of our office locations in the UK or Ireland. We are looking for someone with strong negotiation, communication and organisation skills and ability to succeed in an international, physically dispersed team.
As a key member of our Legal, Compliance and Governance team, you will:
- Support our businesses through the management of a portfolio of contracts and opportunities, including review, drafting and negotiation of contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Venterra’s internal governance and control framework and escalation of potential non-compliance with Venterra’s contracting protocol.
- Record and monitor key risks and advise on strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Interpret and advise our businesses about their ongoing contractual obligations.
- Manage routine notices and communications to be submitted under the contracts.
- Negotiate any disputes and settlements under the contracts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors, and act as the main point of contact for any contract-related queries.
- Manage and liaise with external counsel.
- Support various strategic projects across the wider management and legal team.
- Law degree is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in offshore wind or heavy construction industries is beneficial.
- Significant commercial and contract administration experience, with 3+ years’ experience in a similar role and an interest in working in the renewable energy sector.
- Broad knowledge of local and international contract law and the types and structure of the contracts in construction and energy industries (e.g., FIDIC, IMCA, LOGIC)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- High attention to detail and an accurate, pragmatic approach to contract management and enforcement.
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to streamline contract management processes and implement best practices.
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of best practices.
- Fluent in written and spoken English in business and legal environments.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At Venterra, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for Venterra to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.