Contract Manager (Contract review & Negotiation)
- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore Renewables, Environment and Research & Development.
We are seeking a Contract Manager to support our growing business across all disciplines. Working closely with legal counsel, the ideal candidate will have experience and background in the construction and/or engineering consultancy industry and prior exposure to contract review and contract negotiation. A legal background will be deemed beneficial but not a pre-requisite for the current role.
This opportunity is suitable for a law graduate, contracts engineer, or quantity surveyor, with 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role and an interest in working in the renewable energy sector. Skilled in construction law, commercial law, contract drafting, negotiation and management. The role will be Full Time based in either Ireland or UK, with remote and flexible working possible.
- Manage a portfolio of contracts and opportunities, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating and executing contracts
- Ensure contracts comply with internal governance processes, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure contracts are signed and establish a system for recording and filing executed contracts
- Record and monitor key risks and advise on strategies to mitigate those risks
- Prepare detailed handover notes to the project delivery team on any specific “watch its” within the contract that need to be kept in mind (e.g., delivery dates and liquidated damages, obligations around personnel qualifications, etc.)
- Maintain and update a library of template agreements, policies, forms and guidance notes
- Liaise with the company’s insurance brokers to ensure contracts align with our insurance obligations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors, and act as the main point of contact for any contract-related queries
- Management and resolution of contractual disputes, including negotiation, adjudication, arbitration, litigation and debt collection
- Manage and liaise with external counsel
- Support various strategic projects across the wider management and legal team
- 2-5 years’ experience gained in a comparable role in the construction/professional services industry
- Working knowledge of local and international contract and construction law
- In-depth understanding of engineering agreements and legal terminology, as well as commercial risk management policies, tools and strategies
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Knowledge, or willingness to learn, the company’s core business
- High attention to detail and thoroughness
- Hold a University Degree in an engineering, quantity surveying or legal discipline
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at email@example.com
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven general manager to direct and manage our organization’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. This is a strategic leadership position within the Ordtek management team, responsible for all aspects of the business administration, compliance, and reporting.
- Hethel Engineering Centre, Norwich, Norfolk
- Full time