- Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Edinburgh, , United Kingdom
- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
Our CAD/BIM technicians are integral in providing quality services to both domestic/international markets and are valued members of our team. You will be seeking to join a multidisciplinary team of technicians applying a wide range of skills to engineering design. With continued success our team is growing, and we are seeking out talented individuals to provide a high standard of visuals, drawings, and models for our clientele.
As a CAD technician at GDG you will be working closely with a passionate and ambitious team of technicians to deliver innovative and optimized solutions. You will also be responsible for taking the deliverables through all project stages and working alongside GDG’s engineering staff and clientele. We are looking for a technician with 2-5years experience within the Civil and/or Structural Engineering sectors. It is expected that you will provide technical support and continually provide innovative solutions within the team.
• Providing competent technician support to Design Engineers.
• Provision of high-quality deliverables (models & drawings)
• Compliance to company standards and deadlines.
• Liaising with clients and managing expectations
• Communicating with technical team
• Any other duties required by the business
• Business development
• Good working knowledge and previous experience in the AEC industry
• At a minimum 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD, however the preferred candidate will also be experienced with Civil 3D & Revit.
• A solid grasp of geospatial and 3D modelling principles.
• An excellent understanding of data management and interpretation.
• Knowledge of CADS R.C & detailing would be an advantage.
• A third level qualification in an engineering discipline would be an advantage.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org