- Full time
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, Edinburgh, Holland, and the US. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
The Bid Administrator is responsible for the preparation of pre-qualification and tender submissions in conjunction with our Bid Team and engineers. Inputs required will include the coordination and production of technical and non-technical information. This position reports to the Bid Manager and is based in Dublin.
Key Responsibilities will also include:
- Manage the process for production of assigned tenders and prequalification submissions
- Daily management of Tender mailbox, Tender portals, Calendar Invites for Bids and bid information
- Downloading bid documents and adding to the Tender register
- Checking internally, the level of interest for potential bid opportunities that have been identified
- Assist in the delivery of bids, ensuring prequalification’s, proposals and tenders are completed on time
- Manage client communications with respect to ongoing tenders and pre-qualifications
- Provide technical and non-technical input into pre-qualification submissions which demonstrates the company’s expertise, capability, and experience
- Provide input into tender submissions, working with our Engineers on technical and non-technical aspects of projects being tendered
- Co-ordinate and check inputs from others, both within and outside the company, to pre-qualification and tender submissions
- Compile and dispatch pre-qualification and tender submissions
- Maintain systems and libraries associated with the production of bid documentation.
- Working alongside Bid Manager, support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
- Bid Planning and Production
- Clarification Registers
- Act as a single point of contact for customers and bids
- Maintain Bid Site/Documentation
- Assist in reviewing / editing contributions to bid
- Collate and maintain clarification registers, sending to customers and coordinating return of responses
- Working with the team to build an efficient bid department with best practice processes and initiatives
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy is essential
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong time management with effective prioritisation of tasks, recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word
- Team player with the ability to build relationships within the organisation and with other organisations
- The ability to manage work within fixed deadlines.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development. Knowledge of the processes involved in preparing bid documentation and knowledge of the construction industry preferred.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV to David O’Grady (Talent & Resource Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org