Senior Structural Engineer (5+ years of experience)
Senior Structural Engineer (5+ years' experience)
This role will support our Urban Construction, Onshore Civil and Marine Civil Engineering design activities. This role will report to our Head of Structures and will be based at one of our Irish or UK offices (Dublin, Cork or Belfast). The location is flexible.Your role will be predominantly office-based and will involve leading projects and working on analysis and design activities and supervising project and graduate engineers. Our order book has a healthy balance of marine structures, onshore wind infrastructure, water infrastructure, rail inspections and general foundation design for clients. Many of these projects are carried out as D&B designs for top-tier contractors.
You will be responsible for carrying out or reviewing structural designs, specifications, and the preparation of RC detailing packages. This will include leading teams in the areas of structural design and production of design reports. The role will also involve structural inspections in the rail environment and property condition surveys as the need arises.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Reinforced concrete design
- Structural steel design
- Supervising more junior staff
- Structural design reports
- Reviewing bar bending schedules and reinforcement detailing
- Condition survey and structural inspection management
- Preparation of structural specifications
- Foundation design
- Slab and pavement design
- Retaining wall design
- Temporary works design
- Structural Inspections
GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with prior capabilities working as a structural engineer ideally within the Design-Build environment. The ideal candidate will hold a technical background within structural engineering with 5+ years of structural design experience, particularly in reviewing concrete analysis, reinforced concrete detailing and material specification. Experience with underground structures is preferred.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience with structural software packages, ideally MIDAS
- Experience of RC design and Steel Design
- Experience reviewing reports and drawings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence