Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) is seeking suitable candidates to fill the role of Senior Geotechnical Engineer within our Building/Infrastructure/Onshore Renewables Team. The location for this role is flexible.
GDG is a specialist geotechnical engineering consultancy, providing innovative geotechnical solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of infrastructure projects. The position will involve:
- Project management and client liaison;
- Responsibility for delivery of geotechnical design packages incl. earthworks, slope stability, shallow and deep foundations, embedded and gravity retaining walls, reinforced earth structures and specifying ground investigations;
- Ground movement assessments and damage prediction of structures and infrastructure.
- Managing and mentoring small team of 3-4 graduate and design level engineers / engineering geologists to deliver infrastructure, structural and renewable projects;
- Quality assurance including review of reports, drawings, calculations, software outputs;
- Designer’s risk management and assessments;
- Bid preparation and business development.
Minimum requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 5 years relevant post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Chartered Engineers status (Engineer’s Ireland or Institute of Civil Engineers).
- Construction experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project and team management experience.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position. A generous salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.